- If using your cell phone to send email to another cell phone, be aware that data rates may apply.
- Be aware that your recipient may not have a text plan and may be charged for receiving text messages.
- Make sure the recipient's cell phone is equipped to receive text messages, otherwise emailing won't work.
- Keep your email messages short and concise. Text messages are limited to 160 characters, and your recipient may be charged for multiple texts if you send a long email. Play it safe by stating your most important points first, just in case the e-mail gets cut short.
- Be careful with e-mailing media files (i.e. pictures, video, etc.). Your recipient might not have a media messaging plan and may be charged extra.
- Have fun! Emailing a cell phone is a great alternative for people who don't have text messaging plans!
Tips for Emailing Cell Phones
Here are a few tips to consider when sending emails to cell phones: